Wednesday, January 02, 2008

nicholas lam wei guo is going to pasir ris commando camp in NINE days. i'm feeling kinda apprehensive because i really have no idea whats in store for me. but i know that He will bring me through and be with me all the while!

i've been reading this dating book (out of curiosity!) and i realised that courtship really is about principles. i love the analogy of flying a kite. our emotions are like the strong winds and our wisdom is like the string holding the kite back. without the string, the strong winds will blow the kite out of control and it eventually falls to the ground. with the presence of the tension in the string, the kite will steadily move higher and higher.

anw i made a commitment to Him, that I will spend my youthful energy chasing after Him and serving him; courtship can wait till i become a REAL man. when that will be, i'm not really sure xD

but such feelings come and go, its hard. maybe it'll get easier once i enter the army? hah.

oh oh and i miss my njc s05 classmates! like suddenly. i miss the old days: joe talking real loud during lessons, calling zijiang baba, sitting beside deyao, making fun of our pe teachers, playing basketball and soccer after (and during :x) school hours, hanging out in the band room with the bandies etc etc.
oh well, my school life is officially over - for now - and i really cherish every single memory of schooling, even in rvhs.


and i've been spending a lot of time with the churchies lately, i'm gonna miss them so so much. they're the people i see week in week out, who've seen me as who I really am. they're the ones who've taupok-ed me, heard my dreams and fears, rubbed shoulders with me and we worshipped, played hard, prayed hard and laughed hard together.
i don't know why God chose this time to make me love them all so much - the guys and the girls alike - but i really thank Him that I learnt to.

I'M GOING TO ATTEND CHURCH REGULARLY WHEN I CAN, I PROMISE, even if it means i have to sacrifice whatever's left of my sleep, my energy and time. and if I ever feel like breaking this promise, i pray that i will look back at this blog post and be reminded of what He has blessed me with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home